To coincide with the In Place of Architecture exhibition in the Gallery from 6 November – 11 December, this symposium brings together photographers, filmmakers, and writers on photography and architecture to examine the role that photography and moving image play in our contemporary interpretation, perception and understanding of the architectural environment.
Keynote speaker: Andrew Higgott, author and co editor of Camera Constructs.
Speakers will include:
- Peter Ainsworth, photographer, artist and lecturer
- Michele Allen, artists working with photography sound and video
- Elain Herwood, historian
- Fergus Heron, photographer
- Esther Johnson, filmmaker
- Marisela Mendoza, senior lecturer in Architecture, NTU
- Guy Moreton, photographer
- Emily Richardson, filmmaker
- Ian Waites, senior lecturer, History of Art and Design, University of Lincoln
- Jonathan Watts, writer
Click here to download the symposium handout